- zsh, the Z Shell
- In April 1999, I was appointed maintainer of the official sources for
zsh version 3.0.
- PHPerl, combining Perl and PHP
- The PHPerl Project links mod_perl and mod_php to take
advantage of the strengths of each. This is mostly dormant now.
- Latte, the Language for Transforming Text
- Latte is the first open-source product from Zanshin, and was used to produce most of these web pages.
- Blatte, a Better Latte
- A Perl-based rewrite of Latte. Blatte powers the
iPost Template Language.
- Linux, a free operating system
- I use RedHat Linux at home and at
- Electronic Mail
- It's my most frequent and favorite form of long-distance communication,
and I write e-mail software for both fun and profit.
- Mush, the Mail User's Shell
- I co-developed and maintained Mush in my spare time from 1988-90, which
is how I got into the e-mail business; I still sporadically maintain an
"official" patch archive.
- Parallel Processing
- Back at OGI, I programmed for the very first Sequent symmetric
multiprocessor machines and Intel Hypercube systems. If I ever make it
back to academia, I'll probably return to multiprocessor research.