December 1995 to April 1998
Simulation Sciences, Brea, California
Test Engineer (December 1995 to April 1998)
- Drafted quality assurance test procedures and carried
out testing of programs for steady state process
design (PRO/II), dynamic process simulation (PROTISS),
pipe network flow simulation (NETOPT), and on-line
- Developed TCL scripts to automate testing the real
time and electronic data interchange systems of the
ROMeo on-line modeling system.
- Developed TCL and AWK scripts for maintaining the
AIM process data historian for real time testing of
the ROMeo on-line modeling system.
- Tested graphical user interface for design of batch
distillation towers and batch chemical reactors.
Verified bug fixes by entering specified test problems.
Entered new bug descriptions and updated existing
entries in the project bug log.
- Performed limited validation of academic version
of the PRO/II with PROVISION design software
on Windows 3.1 and Windows 95. Verified the media
with test installations from the distribution
floppies and CD-ROM.
- Verified test problems on the client/server version
of PRO/II with PROVISION. Tested Hewlett-Packard, Sun,
and IBM RS6000 versions of the PRO/II calculation server
with the PROVISION client running under Windows 3.11.
- Provided secondary support for customers using PROVISION
process design software. Verified proper usage and program
behavior with developers. Entered verified problems in the
project bug log.
- Tested installation and proper calculation of the PipePhase
flow network software with specified test problems on
Windows 3.11, Windows NT, and Windows 95 systems.
- Tested the integration of the graphical user interface
with the NETOPT and PipePhase fluid flow programs for
the design of multi-phase fluid flow piping networks.
- Verified ASTM D2887 reporting options for characterizing
- Tested integration of the OTISS dynamic simulator with the
steady state PROVISION process design software. Verified
translations of problems with samples provided by the
engineers from the technology partner developing the
- Revised and updated test procedures for the Protiss
dynamic simulator and the NETOPT multi-phase fluid
flow design program.
- Updated AWK scripts for regression analysis to enhance
portability of testing tools between Unix, DOS, Windows
95, and Windows NT.
- Completed training in C programming for the Unix system
with an introduction to device drivers and kernel level
Last revised on September 14, 1998
Gregory W. Smith (WD9GAY)
To comment, please email