Rush Limbaugh Articles and Resources on the 'net
Rush Limbaugh's America, a documentary I worked on, originally aired Feb. 28, 1995 on Frontline on PBS. I pulled together this info while I was doing research for the doc. Sorry I haven't updated it in a while - many of these links are probably broken. I've been living a pretty Rush free life since the spring of 1995. This page is badly in need of updating. A complete
redesign wouldn't hurt either. But I have tendonitis, so it won't happen for a long time. One recent addition is Limbaugh's tie biz. If you want to vent some anger at Rush, check out (the rather gross) Punch Rush page.
Steve Talbott, the producer, wrote an article for Mother Jones.
Reports and articles on the internet about Rush Limbaugh
Some may have only a brief reference to Limbaugh. Use the find function of your browser to locate it.
- The Leader of the Opposition by James Bowman, The National Review, 9-6-93
- Limbaughmania from Aether Madness
- Limbaugh, Letterman and Bill Clinton: The Politics of Irony by Alex Ross, The New Republic, 10/8/93 Currently not working
- Letters in response to the Politics of Irony, The New Republic, 12/6/93
- The "Hush Rush" Hoax: Limbaugh on the
Fairness Doctrine, EXTRA! (11-12/94)
- Back Talk Radio by Miranda Spencer
- Take Back the Airwaves! by Richard Reynolds, My Dinner With Rush by Margaret Carlson, Time, 1/23/95
- Look Who's Talking by Richard Corliss, Time, 1/23/95
- Hyperdemocracy by Richard Wright, Time, 1/23/95
- Overhearing the Internet by Robert Wright, The New Republic, 9/13/93
- Radio Searches Dial for Interactive Hits by Steve Edwards, Interactive Facts, 8/29/94
- Bartlett's Unfamiliar Quotations from Policy Review, Fall 1993
- Can the Conservatives Take America Back? by Sen. Malcolm Wallop, The National Review, 2-7-94
- Grand Old Opportunity, The Economist, 4/2/94
- Media: It's the Real Thing by Douglas Rushkoff, New Perpectives Quarterly, Summer 1994
This Modern World often features work about Rush Limbaugh (it changes on a weekly basis). There will soon be a page with some Rush related comics.
Internet Resources on Rush Limbaugh
Thanks to everyone who worked on Rush Limbaugh's America, the folks at HotWired and everyone else who has Rush related stuff on the Internet. Also to Asher Levy for allowing me to use his image of Rush from his version of Working Class Hero. He does a great page called Literary Kicks on the Beat Generation.
Updated on June 12
Back to Steve Rhodes