Upcoming Seminars and Clinics
For a more complete list of upcoming race and non-race events, always check the calendar section of Latitude 38.
If you would like to have an event included on this page, please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.Events just for women are listed in bold.
- February 3-11 -- Sail Expo in Atlantic City. Don't miss it if you happen to be in the neighborhood.
- February 9 -- Want to race to Hawaii? Check out the West Marine Pacific Cup Winter Gathering. Past, present and future Pacific Cuppers are invited for the bash. Especially skippers who need crew and crew who need rides! Berkeley YC. For questions, call Jon Rolien at 415-382-8281. If you have a web page and would like it linked to the crew list, contact Paul Kamen
- February 25 -- High Performance Sailing. Topics will range from Building a Winning Crew, OYRA Courses for 1996, Heavy Weather Sailing, Boat Preparation, and selection of sails by local professionals Norman DaVant, Dan Newland and Jeff Madrigali and meteorologist and lecturer Bob Diaz, National Weather Service, Monterey. 10:00 a.m., Corinthian Yacht Club. Donation. For more information, contact Betty Lessley at OYRA.
- March 24 -- Survival. Learn how to be best prepared to survive if you find it necessary to abandon ship or if you lose a rudder-also how to build an alternate rudder by Paul Kamen. The Coast Guard will talk about survival equipment and deployment of life rafts/in water participation. There will be an opportunity for you to jump into the swimming pool and board the life raft, so bring your flotation gear and an extra set of clothing. 10:00 a.m., Encinal Yacht Club, $5.For more information, contact Betty Lessley at OYRA.
- Sunday, March 24, 1996 --Women's Dinghy Sailing Workshop on the Oakland Estuary
The event will be sailed in JY 15s provided by Lake Merritt Sailboat House. $25. For more information contact Judy Yamaguchi by email or at (510) 528-8352.
- April 11 -- Bay Model Presentation of Tides and Currents. World Class Sailor, Kame Richards will present slide shows and a tour of this engineering marvel. Reservations preferred: Send check to Betty Lessley, 35 Ramona Ct. Novato 94945. Walk-ins will be accommodated if space available. 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., $15. If you haven't seen this presentation, don't miss it! For more information, contact Betty Lessley at OYRA.
- Richmond Yacht Club Women's Dinghy Clinic: For information, email Ava Moore.