The GRATEFUL DEAD HOUR Conference
Host:David Gans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GDH is the Grateful Dead Hour conference. Here you will find
listings of current and past programs and information on how to get
the show on the air in your town. You can post requests and comments,
connect with other collectors for copies of programs you missed, etc.
About the Grateful Dead Hour
- The Grateful Dead Hour has been in national syndication since
1987. It is the only authorized Grateful Dead radio program, and
the only one with complete access to the Dead's tape library.
- David Gans, the producer/host of the Grateful Dead Hour, is
the author of three books
about the Dead: Playing in the Band: an Oral and Visual
Portrait of the Grateful Dead (with Peter Simon),
Conversations with the Dead and Not Fade Away: The
Online World Remembers Jerry Garcia.
- The Grateful Dead Hour is produced on a Macintosh computer
using the Sonic Solutions
system, from analog and digital master tapes provided by the
- More than 85 radio stations air the Grateful Dead Hour each
- Steve Silberman
has written an eloquent appreciation of the Grateful Dead Hour:
The Annals of Improvisation.
- Reporting Live from Deadland is a
1990 article written by David Gans for the KPFA Folio.
If you have a WELL account, you may visit the GD