Kitchen Disasters

Stuff melted on electric burners

We found a kitchen appliance parts store that has a Wall of Melted Stuff. It’s all things people put on their electric stovetop. In some cases, people didn’t realize the burner was on in the first place. In others, they forgot they had something on the stove and left it there far too long.

Can’t tell what green thing melted. At right a tea kettle that didn’t survive running out of water at high heat.

A plastic mug on the left, a plastic Xmas cookie plate on the right.

Another tea kettle, among other things…

The store clerk seemed vaguely melted, but quite happy to have his pic snapped…